Well. Either we're doin' somethin' right or somethin' wrong. I'm more thinkin' it's righter than wronger, but ya just never know... A week ago or so I built a snowman with Rosie out in the backyard. Well, bein' that it's MN in the spring(ish), said snowman melted most of the way except for one pathetic little lump that's still laying out there. It was so warm that the poor man's nose fell off the first day and before I could build up the intestinal fortitude to hike across the ice and navigate around the dog poop piles in the back yard, some rabbit hauled off with it. So I never went back there until the man's hat started blowing away, and I like that bucket so I skated safely past the poop and got it. Since then I have picked up as much poop as I could... meaning what wasn't frozen completely solid in ice. That's kinda gross, didja know that? Eww.
My whole point in this tale, is to tell you about Rosie and that snowman. As I said, he melted most of the way away, and then we got dumped on. As in the biggest snow we've had all winter I do believe. And of course, since it's spring(ish) I thot we'd be able to make another snowman. Hence that random post on Facebook about doing so. Well. This was the driest spring snow I'VE ever tried to pack in a ball!! Didn't work at all until 3 days later when the sun had shone on it long enough that it kinda half melted a little bit and we could roll it. But anyway... I got derailed again. The first day we headed out after the big snow, to make a new snowman we were traipsing around the yard like dummies trampling down all the snow that we coulda made a whole legion of snowmen out of if we would have been content to simply stand in one spot and look weird, and Rosie all of a sudden looked up in the sky and waved and yelled, "Hi, Snowman!!" And we wondered what on earth. ???
Two days later, I was just going to bed and it dawned on me why she had done that. When her first snowman melted, we told her that he had died. Therefore, in her little mind, Dead + Snowman = Heaven So therefore, she was waving up at Heaven, telling her Snowman "Hi!"
Faith like a mustard seed? That kid's got the whole plant and then some!!! That and she's as sweet as a pot of hunny. Not to mention cute! I think us 'wise' adults need to take a few lessons from a small one who the general population thinks of as being stupid, because they are a small person that can't articulate their words as well as a 40 year old that read the Dictionary while eating breakfast and the Thesaurus while taking the morning dump. Pardon me, but I have long been saying that kid's aren't stupid. It's the adults that treat them as such that are stupid. And since I had my own kids??? I firmly believe myself and nobody's gonna change my mind. Course, unless you have concrete, written-in-stone-or-the-Bible-proof that you're right... who would be stupid enough to try changing my mind about something that I know I'm right about? WaitaminutewaitaminuteWAIT. A. MI.NU.TE!!! Don't answer that question! I already know who they are, you don't need to remind me OR anybody else. :D
True! True! and True! I LOVE the wisdom and faith of little kids! Doesn't hurt that their cute too...
ReplyDeleteI think the Bible proof is on your side "....of such is the Kindgom of heaven."
Very true... I was just telling my kids that everybody is as smart as they are gonna be when they are born, but they just gain more knowledge as they grow... My Little Man is def. smart! LOL
ReplyDelete