Sunday, March 6, 2011

And Then We Talked

On my way home from SD I talked to Reece at every airport I stopped in until my phone died. And then as soon as I landed in SC I hugged mom, stole her phone and called Reece. We talked until midnight that night. The next morning when his alarm clock went off he busted it and overslept for which I for some reason got the blame! Imagine that. It's not MY fault the man kept listening to me and answering everything I said! ;) One of the things we had discussed at Katelyn's that night we talked until 3 am was the fact that she & I would talk on the phone for 3 hours at a time. *Ahem. I just went and read my Xanga blog, and I'm sorry to say I gave you misinformation in the last post. We talked until 3:20 am not 3am. ;)* Reece could not for the life of him figure out HOW on earth you could talk on the phone to someone for THAT long in one stretch! Suffice it to say, he answered his own question 12 days later. On September 3, 2005 we talked for a total of 7 hours 15 minutes. He never asked me that question again. Over the next month and a half we talked on the phone. And talked and talked and talked. And talked. If you think I'm exaggerating let me tell you a few minor details. In the month before he finally got his Verizon phone, I went over my minutes to the tune of 340something dollars. On my October bill I used 10,593 minutes. Yeah I talked to a few other people, but most of those minutes were spent talking to Reece. And NO. We DID NOT sit there and listen to each other breathe.


I also found another bit of wrong info. We went on our first date on September 12th. It WASN'T after we were engaged. See what happens when 5 years goes by before you go back to the moldy web pages that carry the weird bits of random nonsense you wrote when you were young and dumber than you are now? Sigh... OH!! But I DID find a tidbit of information that you may find interesting... On September 7, 2005 I was clued in on the fact that this man I was madly in love with, was abjectly NUTS. At the Pilot in Greenville, VA he bought CLEARANCE gummy worms. And he was all excited and bragging about his good deal to me. HE ONLY SAVED THIRTY CENTS!!!!! Thirty. Sheesh. He shoulda got them buy one get 12 free and THEN I would have shrilled for joy along with him.


Anyway, on September 12th we went on our date to Fatz in Greer. I really shouldn't talk about this. It makes me crave Fatz. I love Fatz and I miss Fatz and I can't find any Top Secret recipes for Fatz anywhere. I am sad. Can you help me? Oh. I was talking about our date. Yeah. After we went to Fatz we went to Downtown Greenville. Those of you that aren't from SC probably don't know about this place. It's pretty cool there! We went and checked out the falls and stood on the bridge and wondered why all these weird people were standing there kissing and swooning and stuff. Maybe they had altitude sickness or something. WE went BELOW the bridge, down by the water and sat on a bench and kissed in the DARK where nobody could see us. THAT'S more romantic! ;p LOL! Oh yes. And after we left Greenville we went to Walmart. I mean seriously! What else do you do on a romantic date if you don't end the evening at the local Walmart?! He is a very loving man. Well, he was back then anyways. He always saved his quarters for me while he was gone so I could play that Crusin' the World (or was it Crusin' the USA??) car racing game they had there whenever I wanted to. NOW?? He saves his quarters for the girl's savings accounts and chews me out if I steal some. See how times have changed? That actually doesn't bother me very much but I like dramatic effects sometimes if you didn't realize that.


I just found a paragraph from an entry on September 20, 2005. You must read it. It might make you cry.


Yeah, we are rather nerdy I must say, but at least I think we must came from the same planet.  Whatever planet that is I have no idea, but....... at least it's the same one.
Hey!! Maybe it's the Planet Of Laughing At Your Own Jokes!!!!  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I crack myself up!!  Ya know, Jamie once told me I need to get a life 'cause I do that. Well, I guess I can just tell him I found someone that's just as big of a loon as myself. Which is another reason I love him so much.  Which also is the reason he (Jamie) told me we could put in the newspaper... "Wedding Of The Comedians" I said yeah, that would be about right. What with him & I and the groomsmen, bridesmaids, and ushers I doubt there will be a dry eye in the place. Don't ask me if they will be tears of laughter or tears because our jokes are so lame, but they will be crying.  That's all I know. Then my dad will start where we all left off, and they really will be crying in earnest. If for the sole reason that they can't figger out what in tar he's even mumbling about.   Oh yeah, can't forget the part that half the reason people laugh at his jokes, is because they are laughing at him because he's laughing about something they can't even figure out. Plus he has on of those contagious laughs.  Oh help. "Save us all, whispered Mr. O'Biern" Sorry, that's a quote from a hilarious book I read once upon a day long ago.  Okay.... now that I sound sufficiently like my father...   I shall trudge slowly to my room, softly shut the door, and hurl myself madly onto the bed where I shall fall to snoring loud enough to wake the dead.  Not really, but it sounded good.  


See what I mean about "back when I was young and dumber than I am now?" Aren't you glad you don't hafta read all that stuff from that year? Oh wait. Maybe I haven't changed. Or if I have... maybe it's for the worst. Oh well... I like me just the way I am. On a more cheerful note, Reece got me a ticket to MN for  me to come up there for a Bridal Shower and for his family to meet me. Well, my father started calling it a viewing. And I was the subject of the views. Like I wasn't nervous enough already! And when I told Aaron that he sadly shook his head and said, "It'll be as sad as a funeral too." I'm still not sure if he has that great of a fear of my inlaws or if he meant that he was really gonna miss me. :D JUST KIDDING. Sheesh. I'm pretty sure he LIKES my inlaws. They're kinda his relatives. He was probably having Pre-Ronda -Getting-Married-And-Leaving-SC-Forever Withdrawal symptoms, poor man! Bet those were painful!


October 1, 2005... he showed up to take me out for dinner and then he was leaving right away. We went to Panera Bread and then somehow we ended up at the mall and he bought me a ring! He claims that I said that I wasn't leaving the mall parking lot until I had the ring on and HE was planning on going back to downtown Greenville and proposing out by the falls so it'd be all romantic and stuff, but from my foggy recollection, when we got in the car he wanted me to put my ring on. I said, "NO! You haven't asked me to marry you yet!" So he asked me if I would do him the honor of being his wife and I, just to quote my mother said "I spose." I think I did say "Yeah." But it sounds better to say that I said "I spose." 'Cause my mother was the nerd that gave that response when dad asked her to marry him. See?? I'm serious when I say that it's a wonder I turned out as sane as I did with who I had for parents! We were sitting in the middle of the mall parking lot when he proposed and before we left we had called all the important people we could think of. The next Sunday, our dear friend/cousin Aaron who was the chairman of the church made the announcements and at the end he said, "Well, it's official. If any you don't know what's official, go ask Ronda." Needless to say I was flooded with people after church. Oh the trials in my life!!


The next part... I have no idea what to say about it. I don't know how to put it. I don't know how to sugar coat it. But then again... have you ever known me to sugar coat something?? All I know is I found out the hard way that not everything is as it seems. People you thought you could trust explicitly turned out to be liars and gossips of the worst kind. Ya know the kind? Everything they do is in the name of "Love and Concern" for you, and you are questioned up one side and down the other until they are blue in the face and you have no idea what on earth brought the whole load of crap down on your head in the first place. People who KNOW good and well what happens if you cross my friends, suddenly decided that my temper wasn't gonna be ignited when they said shit about my BEST friend in the whole world. **GASP* I said THAT word again. Get over it.** I, to this day haven't figured out how they thought they were gonna get away unscathed, full knowing how mad I get when someone says or does something hurtful to someone who is just a friend. And believe me. There's no JUST about my friends. If you're my friend you're gonna be defended tooth and nail and I will haunt anybody who hurts you. If they don't learn they're gonna be written off. Sorry. It's how I roll and it's why people either love me or hate me. You got a problem with that, you got a problem and that's a problem, but it ain't MY problem. So go figure out your issues while I go write the sequel.

3 comments:

  1. Oh I can't wait to read this out loud tonight to my 'men folk'! They were on the edge of their chairs last night with part one.
    I LOVE you and your amazing story! You are an incredible writer. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha girl your so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, you sure have a way with words!!

    ReplyDelete