Saturday, October 25, 2014

Carry Us With Grace

 I have a question. Why is it that in a world of freedom of speech only the rude and thoughtless are allowed freedom of speech? Why is it that when you try to tell people what NOT to say in certain situations, you get blasted for it? You're supposed to carry them with grace. You're supposed to understand that they (whoever THEY are) are trying to "say the right thing." You're supposed to stop announcing that people say the wrong things. You're supposed to let everyone live happily in their stupid little bubble and never tell them what the real world is like.
 I want to know why. Why is it so offensive to want to keep other people from having to listen to "they" spout off their bullcrap? Or having them spout it to me? Why is it that WE always have to carry "them" with grace? Why can't "they" ever have any of the grace they want US to have?? Why can't we speak of what hurts and why and make people aware of things that are hurtful to others?
 We're supposed to just be all quiet and bear the hurt and forget it and brush it off and FORGIVE. Why does there have to be stuff spoken that needs to be carried with grace and forgiven in the first place? If you're gonna tell me that it needs to be forgiven and forgotten and carried with all manner of grace, then that means you did it on purpose. Or it means you know they did. Because when you always want the hurt shoved under the rug it's because there's something there to shove. You know it, or you wouldn't be saying the stuff you say.
 There is no excuse for defending the wrong words when you know they hurt. There's no excuse for using the wrong words when you know they hurt. There's no excuse for saying that I should not inform people of what not to say. The only reason is if you are actually TRYING to keep hurting people. And I don't get that. When I say the best thing is to say you're praying for them, you love them and you're there for them, that's what I mean. You don't have to come up with something else YOU think fits better. Because guess what? Nothing, and I mean NOTHING else means a thing. And it's not just me that says this. You want to just blank out all the people who are jumping up and down waving their hands and yelling "AMEN!!!!" at the top of their lungs agreeing with what I just said and tell us all to shut up and have grace and forgiveness and understanding and forbearance.
 Bologna. How about this? YOU try carrying US who are hurting for our babies, for our kids, and for whoever we're hurting for, with grace and try having some actual compassion and THINK about what you KNOW TO BE TRUE before you spout off your platitudes. And don't say you don't know. Because guess what? I told you, and lots of people who have been there and are here with me right now agreed with me.
 So carry on, and start carrying us with grace. Because quite frankly, I'm tired of being beaten down for having human emotions. And so are the rest of us in this club we're in. We didn't ask to join, we don't want to be here and we sure don't need you blasting down on us for telling you that certain things "they" say are hurtful when we're already in a world of hurt and living in a fog and moving like robots through our days and nights. We aren't here hurting, waiting around hopefully for more hurt to be dumped on us. We're not out blaming other people for our hurt. We're here to say that we already have enough. That's our point. Now carry us with grace.

1 comment:

  1. Amen. I think we should be gentle and caring even more so as life moves on for the rest of us. And why on earth would we who aren't in your place not want to know what hurts to hear? I'd rather know and not heap on more agony and pain. A little kindness and a hug can go a long way when one is hurting. I love you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete