Here's your orders for the rest of your life. From God. (Not all of them of course, I'd have to post the whole Bible if I was gonna tell you all that. But the ones that seem especially important to me right now...)
See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, Redeeming the time, because the days are evil. Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is. And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ; Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God. (Ephesians 5:15-21)
Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry. (2 Timothy 4:2-5)
I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting. In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in MODEST APPAREL, with shamefacedness and sobriety; NOT with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works. (1 Timothy 2:8-10) (emphasis added)
If you have any problems with what the words mean, I linked the more abstruse ones to Dictionary.com for your convenience. :D Now, March Fourth, and remember: ...the joy of the LORD is your strength. (Nehemiah 8:10)
Go, and the Lord be with thee.
(1 Samuel 17:37)
So why didn't you link "circumspectly"? I would have to look that up to accurately define it. Also recently I looked up "godliness" in the Greek lexicon because I wanted to know what the difference between "goodness/virtue" and "godliness" in 2 Peter 1. It is very interesting. Okay now I am off to marching.
ReplyDeleteThere. I linked it for you. :) Sorry, I never even noticed that one for some reason...
DeleteI LOVE it!!! Some of my most favorite verses! Thanks for the reminder on our marching orders!
ReplyDeleteYou are pretty amazing, I might add...............