I sincerely apologize to all you loving readers that I have been silent for so long. There has just been the small issues of the amount of clothing that billows about my house whenever I begin the long-past-due task of getting my kids clothes exchanged for the next size up. And then one must sort through said clothes and put the ugly ones that one doesn't like into a garage sale pile, get rid of all clothes that makes my children look like small sluts, put away all the clothes that have been deemed decent, and THEN make the long trek out the front door out to the garage and figure out where to put the clothes that are going various places. This my friends is a 4 day task. If you think it's actually shorter, I challenge you to just TRY doing it any faster when you have 2 girls that; 1. have to try on everything they are going into, 2. Want to ""HELP"" you in any way possible (translated: Unfold and mix all the clothing you have just folded and sorted into 39 piles in every room of your house. Including the bathroom.)
And we are also going to go to SD for Easter! Finally after more than 2 years of being there last! We've wanted to go there for Easter for years and years and finally this year we said screw it all, we're gonna just GO. And so we are. And that's the end of the story. Unless I decide to make a private note again, for some of you. GRRRR.
While we're in SD I'm gonna be enlisting some help in the sewing department and sewing my kids some Easter dresses. I am sick and tired of dresses that you hafta wear 37 sizes large in order for them to be below their knees instead of 4 inches above! Sheesh! And people wonder why there's pedophiles and crap around. Ya think it might have anything to do with the fact the little tiny kids are running around like strip club wannabes??
I came on here to print off a few things for someone, and I must now go eat my Cheesy Ham Soup Stuff -that I will be posting on my food blog before you get overwhelmed with your Easter dinner leftovers. :D Anyway, I must dash off now and dump some kids in a tub, because for one thing, Rachel believes firmly in using any and all food as a hair tonic. Must work too, 'cause the top of her head is covered with long hairs, but it's so white you can't even see it unless you spike it or something. I'm trying to convince her to start rubbing her food on the SIDES of her head now so it'll be equally long, but so far she hasn't gotten the memo.
So for now, I will leave you with a certain version of The Rules of The House. Please don't be amazed at anything you read herein. I wrote it when I was about 14 (or so.) I shall not reply to any rude questions suggesting I still abide by said rules. Oh. And I did revise a few steps to suit my needs under my cupboards these days... So with no further ado:
If you sleep in it, don't make it. It needs to air out. After that, someone might be too tired to pulls the covers back.
If you wear it, drop it on the floor. Dirty clothes give a room such a homey feel!
If you drop it, leave it on the floor. It wanted to fall in the first place didn't it? And besides that, gravity always pulls down.
If you eat out of it, hide it until the next person's turn to do dishes.
If you step on it, kick it out of the way. You gotta have a path don't you?!
If you open it, leave it open. You might need it later and be in too big of a hurry to open it again.
If you empty it, leave it empty. It was probably too full anyway!
If it rings, tell it it's annoying. Besides, that's what answering machines are for.
If it squeaks, set a mouse trap, or set out enough poison to kill an army of elephants.
where are earth do you shop girly?? ALL of Laney's dresses are quite well below her knees.
ReplyDeleteLOL, and how come they all outgrow their clothes at the same time? It seems like I am forever needing to buy my kids new colthes.. We had a hot day here last week and only one pair of Tyrel's shorts fit him!!!! You obviously were a different natured teen than me... I was a neat freak! LOL
ReplyDelete