Monday, April 4, 2011

Anonymous' Anonymity

Anonymous said...

"...you say sin is not preached anymore from the pulpit? Interesting. Have they not named any that you are guilty of or are you hoping a minister points out the faults that you see in others? Let's not get self-righteous!"


Well, dear "anonymous", I'm guessing you must not have read what I said very clearly. I said:
"...how many people are there left that actually PREACH against sin anymore? I mean by name. As in MODEST clothing, TV being a sin and on and on. Oh but they DO preach against sin! Yeah? Oh yeah they do. They mention in passing "the sins of this world, like drinking" and then they rush on so they can cover all 79 of the verses from their text so they don't have to make anybody mad with their 'judging'." I'm tellin' you, that there is nothing preached like there was back in the day when people weren't so hardheaded that you can't say the word sin to them without getting called self righteous. And if there IS sin preached... please let me know where it's being preached 'cause I sure haven't heard anything lately but the fact that everybody that goes to church is a Christian. So if I go to my garage am I a car? Oh yeah. They say we need to repent of our sins. Which is true! But what 'sins' are there left in Christianity anymore and how is anybody supposed to know what they are supposed to be repenting of?? And apparently you've heard sin being preached by name, so tell me, what sins are you hearing being preached against? 

I'm sorry if I seem self righteous when I'm quoting the Bible, well, actually I'm not sorry for quoting the Bible. 'Cause if you got a problem with what the Bible says then you should go have a chat with God about it 'cause He's the one that wrote it. And I'm saying that you don't hear sin preached anymore. Unless it's a rare occasion! I'm not quite sure what to make of your; "have they not named any that you are guilty of" question, 'cause I just got done saying that they don't mention anything by name unless it's maybe drinking once in a while.

Anonymous said...
"I am known for always defending the underdog and if you don't know this about me yet, I will clue you in. Black cats and redheads have the same temperament, so don't cross me or anybody I love. You will get scratched and I won't feel sorry for you." Is this how Christ is?"


Sorry, you got me there. You're right. Christ never did anything in defense of Himself, and until you said that part, I didn't realize I had worded it wrong. I DON'T really care if people wanna bash me and badmouth me and try to hurt me. Thanks for pointing out the error. I have re-worded it. I will still stand by my promise to chew you out royally for hurting my friends tho'. And my husband and kids. Especially the husband and kids part. As for sticking up for the underdog? Did Christ ever stick up for the underdog? Did He ever blast people for the way they treated others? Did He ever say that it would be better for some people to have a millstone hung around their neck and they should be drowned in the depths of the sea if they offend a little child? Did He ever tell someone they were of their father the devil? Christ is love but He's also just. And if you're gonna go off rapping about His love then you better not forget the Just part of it goes right along with the love! I ain't perfect and I never have been and on this earth I never will be. But I WILL stick up for and try to protect the underdog. I WILL stick up for and try to protect my friends. And I sure as shit WILL stick up for and protect my husband and kids! And if that's wrong, then YOU got issues.

P.S, Anonymous, I think you'd get along great with somebody else I know that doesn't dare criticize me openly. They just whine to other people and have the other people fight their battles for them, and try dragging other people into their bag of whine that have nothing to do with anything. I'm quite capable of fightin' my own battles and if I say something, I'm not scared to stand behind my word. Ever hear of such a thing? It's funny how 'brave' people are if nobody knows their name or if they have somebody else fighting their battles for them instead of acting like a grown up and standing on their own two feet! Yep, you and this person I know would get along just awesome! And you'd have something in common from the get-go, SO! You want me to introduce you two?

11 comments:

  1. I also dislike anonymous comments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dislike anonymous comments also as it means you are too much of a coward to own up to what you say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with everybody else.. :) When I didn't have a google account I would atleast sign my name even if I put it under anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya, I think it's better to let people know who you are. Otherwise you risk looking like you're not too sure you really know that what your saying is the truth so you don't want your name attatched to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some ppls kids, I tell ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agreed! If someone is going to post a comment, I think they should have the 'guts' to sign their name. Amen!
    As far as sin being preached? Well, there's the usual 'pride' and 'gossip' and 'failings' and 'shortcomings' and yes, even 'drunkeness' once in a while. But what does pride actually look like? What does gossip look like? Does anyone ever elaborate? And I think it is important for people to hear what those things actually look like, since there really isn't too much 'training' going on the homes these days, of kids. And how about immodest dress? Oh yes! I can hear the screams! "It's a heart issue! If a guy is going to lust then he will lust even if the woman is dressed from head to toe in sackcloth, or a burkah, as the case may be in Malaysia. (Yup, saw three of them today) Well, I am here to tell you that I was pleasantly surprised when we actually heard sin preached by it's name in our church back in AZ. We decided to stay there. And over here, across the ocean, this is what the visiting speaker last month DARED to say from the pulpit! "Ladies! Please hear me. We men do NOT want to see what is underneath your clothes! We are trying to live pure lives and yet God created us to be stimulated by sight so when you wear scanty clothes that allows us to see what SHOULD be covered up, you are NOT BEING FAIR TO US MEN!" Then he talked to the guys and said that they need to treat ALL girls and women like their moms and sisters. He said "I don't want to hear ANY OF YOU GUYS saying 'She's so hot' about ANY girl!!!! Is that how you talk about your mom and sisters? I'm so sick of the talk that brings forth lustful thoughts!" Now THAT was some straight talk that I have NEVER heard from the pulpit! Read it in a few books but never from the pulpit. He is paid too, Ronda, but he IS rare!
    Amen on Christ sticking up for the underdog! Those were the exact scriptures I had in mind along with the 'whitewashed sepulchres' one! He was NOT afraid to blast those who were self righteously walking around in their 'piety'. And as far as defending and/or fighting for our friends, dear 'Anonymous', are you aware that GOD HIMSELF has declared to those who keep His commandments that HE, GOD HIMSELF, will be an enemy to our enemys???? How's that for defending your friends? Exodus 23:22 And in case you think the old testament doesn't apply to us today, please tell me which part of the scripture Jesus read from when He was on this earth? I happen to believe the WHOLE bible is relevant to this day and age, from Genesis to Revelations.
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you all really think you are doing any good or even right by blogging about this? Arent we supposed to be a light and example to the world? This blog to me seems like it would turn someone who isnt in faith away because of all the bickering and even swearing in it. Go ahead and ream me out for this post if you want but this is my honest feelings. Lets spread His word in a way that can be helpfuland that would draw others in becausethey can see His light shining through us even through an online blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Swearing? Oh yeah. The swearing. Never mind. I already spoke my mind about that nonsense in an earlier post.

    And I'm just wondering... Who's bickering? I guess Glenda & I must be since we're the main ones going on and on about some people's strangeness. That's fine. We've been accused of worse things than 'bickering'.

    *snicker* You must not have read very many of my posts if you got an opinion like that of my blog! That's fine too. This is my spot for ranting if I wanna, laughing if I wanna and being sarcastic all the time like normal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think speaking TRUTH is the best way to be a light in this world. Way too many Christians are concerned with looking and acting right and they speak no truth. An honest discussion, with scriptures to back it up, is definitely NOT bickering.
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. yes. Thank you Glenda! :D

    ReplyDelete