I have a few things to say about my kids. They are HILARIOUS!!! I know everybody tells you that every kid is different and they couldn't be more right than if they were wrong. Or something like that. Rosie was the kid that walked early and didn't start talking till later. Like when she was about 2 or somewhere around there. Rachel didn't start walking until she was 13 months but she started saying words at about 11 months. Yeah, it's still kinda hard to understand her unless you are around her a lot, but there ARE things she says quite clearly!
Yesterday Rosie was flapping her hands around Rachel for some reason, and she wasn't hitting her or anything but Rachel was apparently getting bugged because as I walked across the kitchen I heard very clearly and distinctly, "Top IT!" I went whizzing back over there and said, "Rosie did you say something?" She said, "No, Waitshow did!" So I asked Rachel, "Did you tell Rosie to stop it?" She threw her head back and laughed and clutched her belly and looked at Rosie and yelled at the top of her lungs, "TOP IT! TOP IT!" Then later I came in from outside and Rachel was yelling at the top of her lungs at Rosie so I asked what her problem was. Rosie had put her plug up on top of my computer desk and Rachel was chewing her out for it 'cause she couldn't reach it. So Rachel looked at me and said something that sounded like a very butchered pronunciation of Rosie. Kinda sounded like "Oohie put it up deh!" And then she went off on some big loud rant about it and then yelled it again "See put it up DEH! Get!"
The other day I had given Rachel her bottle in her bedroom and Rosie and I were out in the kitchen and living room when I heard this big thump noise and Rachel started wailing. So I went to see what her deal was and here she came with a big ol' bloody nose! I said "What on earth did you do? Rosie, you were out here weren't you?!" Rosie says, "Yeah! I was! And I look down da hawway and I see her and then she went BOOM and I say 'What the woold you do now?!' She feww down and bump hew nose on da floo!" So I tried not to crack up and went and helped out the poor bloody nose kid. LOL!
Yesterday morning Rosie told me I was a goose. I'm still not quite sure what I had done to be classified as such a thing but I apparently I was a goose. And I'm siwwy too. I'm dumb sometimes too. I don't really allow her to call me dumb, but I'm wondering why not. I suppose because people have told me for years that it's awful and bad and wicked and terrible of me to call my parents dumb. But I still haven't figured that one out. I mean seriously? My mom is more my friend than she is my mom. And if you ask me, if you're my friend you're GONNA get called dumb. As I told Reece one day, if you ain't gettin' called dumb by me it's 'cause I don't like you. If you're dumb you're safe. LOL! I suppose you can chew me out for it and all but it ain't gonna do you any good. When I was growing up, "You're so dumb." was a form of endearment! Perhaps that scarred me for life or something. ;p
Last week I went in the truck with Reece for the day and so mom stayed night because we left at like 6 am or something. So she was wondering what to make them for breakfast and Rosie of course wanted "Choochoochoo an COFFee." So Rosie got out the cereal box and the measuring cup and started measuring out the cereal. Mom said, "That's only a quarter cup and I need a third!" So Rosie grabbed the box and she gazed at it for a while and then said, "It says one quarter cup. Eight ounces water!" That kid's gonna be cooking before she's 4! LOL! You should hear her pronunciation of the word coffee sometime! She sounds like an old Finlander with a REALLY thick brogue. By the way.. her coffee is actually hot chocolate so don't get your socks in a bunch around your ankles!
She knows how to heat up a flax seed bag in the microwave "because her foots are cold." The only problem is, she gets mixed up some times and only puts it for 20 seconds instead of 2 minutes. So I went and asked her one day what buttons she had pressed and she said, "I pushed the A and the ZERO and then that one!" So I told her how to stop it and clear it and then told her to get 2 minutes you only have to press start 2 times. She said, "Oh goody!" And she's done it by herself ever since!
So contrary to popular belief, if you believed my Christmas letter that is, my kids ARE smart! But, I guess I do still have to agree with what I said in my humbug... they really DO hide their candles under large bushels sometimes! I don't really care tho'... I LOVE my kids!! :D
Kids are awesome!! I love my kids too:)
ReplyDeleteLife would be so dull without kids.. You can be having a bad day and they will say something and crack you up! I love being a mom!
ReplyDeleteWhy would I get my socks in a bunch, my kids LOVE coffee and I see nothing wrong with them having some from time to time! LOL! Although, if it WAS bedtime, that would be a diff story :)
ReplyDeleteI love coffee, and Annabelle and Holden are sharing that love. I often find them drinking the dredges left in my cup on the computer desk. :) I think your kinders are hysterical!
ReplyDelete