Thursday, September 3, 2015

One More Day

 I'd hold you every second, say a million I Love Yous, that's what I'd do, with one more day with you.
 I'd stop being nice sooner and demand ferociously that I be driven to see you the second I was discharged. If nobody listened, I'd drive myself. I had a c-section, not a leg amputated. My foot still works to press a gas pedal & brake.
 And the walking. *snort* I was supposed to walk. It's something that needed to be done to keep the stitches from getting stuck in places they shouldn't.
 I want everybody to know, since it's apparent some people take life for granted and assume they'll always be able to do everything according to plan... It doesn't always work that way. Sometimes your plans aren't important. Sometimes, the time you get is short and it sucks living with the regret of how you procrastinated.
 For me it sucks looking back at how I felt I shouldn't go ballistic and stomp my foot and say, NO. We are going to the NICU NOW. I don't care about your stuff, I don't care about your pickles, I don't care about your plans. I want to see my baby and I don't care what YOU think should be done. I don't care if you want to video a train on the way to the NICU.
 This is why people who put STUFF and THINGS TO DO above the importance of human beings are low on my list of people to like. This is why I'm not nice anymore. You make me pickles instead of bring me to see my kid and I'll shoot them. You tell me I need to heal and then I end up healing while trying not to let the gut wrenching sobs hurt my incision. It was all a waste of time. As a side note, one can't curl into the fetal position and cry with an incision. It feels like your guts hurt worse than your heart, if that's even possible.
 Your procrastination may just hurt yourself, and if it does... fine you get to live with it. But make bloody sure that's the case, because if other people are involved you could be playing with their life and not even know it. Think about it, and remember:
 People are always more important than your routine, your vitamins, your to do list, and your morning dump. Always.

1 comment: