Saturday, May 3, 2014

Disillusion

  I'm disillusioned with people in general and Facebook in particular. People are fake and stupid and liars and crooked and self serving and think they're above the law. They're all ridiculous. Facebook is wrought with fakeness and two-faced garbage. You can lie and twist words and cheat on your spouse and kick them out and run off your friends and kids and family and neighbors and dogs and hate your life, but on Facebook you're an awesome person with a great job, wonderful kids, happy life, beloved pets and to top it all off you know how to make sushi and you have the Bible memorized. I know it's true because you post about it all the stinkin' time.
  
  Your post says you love your life not a day after you said your life sucks. You're divorcing your spouse right after you post about how awesome they are. You love your kids to death but you treat them like crap. You post pictures of amazing places and how awesome it is to see them while you lie and cheat and connive and coerce your supposed loved ones. You minister and love and sympathize and comfort with all these big long words and sentences and prayers and all that, while you drive away the ones who should be closest to you by your words and actions.
 
 But it's all good, because you have an excuse. Your dog died, your kid rebelled, you had health issues, you lost your job, you have an eight foot skeleton in your closet that wears yoga pants and steals your Hagen Daz while you sleep, your family sucks, your past was bad, you were abused or you chipped your toenail polish last Wednesday evening. And even worse than you having the excuse, are the people who come up with excuses FOR you. See, it wouldn't be so bad if they would excuse, speak well of and put the best construction on EVERYBODY, but no. It's their beloved ones. Their bosom buddies. Their confidantes. Their favorites. The ones they feel they owe or trust above all others or are kindred spirits to.

  And then there's the rest of us. The ones who crossed the wires without knowing they were even there. Who trusted when we shouldn't have. Who thought that forgiving meant allowing it to keep happening to us. Who thought that if they just said or did the right thing it would be all better. The chopped liver. So let me break it to you gently: People like you suck. You're users and abusers and I don't make excuses for you. I don't care what your past was, you don't have to treat people like garbage. You can rise above it. Other people do it all the time and they come out awesome and they're the best people you could ever meet. Not only that, they don't *gasp* make excuses for themselves or anybody else whenever it's convenient.

  By the way, if you think this post is about you then you're probably right and you should go real quick like and do some soul searching. If you don't think it's about you and you are someone who doesn't exercise by jumping to conclusions or stretching the truth, you can move to a deserted island with me and we can eat bananas and drink coconut milk where there's no internet service and we won't have to worry about stupid people. But you have to send me an application first. 

4 comments:

  1. I love you too. I am sorry you have such awful "friends" on Facebook. Most of mine are real. Have crossed a few wires myself.
    Yes, when kids die is sucks. HATE that part. And right now I am to tired to be MAD about but believe me at some point I will and I might have to go chop the woodpile to smithereens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why I don't have FB ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bahahahaha! (about the bananas and coconut part) I'm telling you, life is much MUCH richer without facebook! I've been saying for a long time now, facebook has ruined relationships. Watch this if you don't know what I mean.....everyone needs to see this at least once. More than once if that is what it takes to really hit home: http://sfglobe.com/?id=637&src=share_fb_new_637

    ReplyDelete