Sunday, October 7, 2012

Morning Sickness Makes Me Sick

Bet that caught your attention didn't it? HA! I'm good like that you see, I know all the right catchy phrases I need to write to draw people in like moths to a 1,000 watt light bulb. Muahahahahahaaaa! Oh. Pardon me, I suppose that wasn't funny. (That's okay if you didn't laugh, I usually laugh at my own jokes anyway so I won't feel bad if nobody else laughs...)

But back to my original statement that got you close to the lightbulb, as much as I love feeling sick as a dog -as anybody who has had their bout of morning sickness suddenly switched to feelings of great health because they were no longer pregnant with a live baby will testify to- it kinda makes me feel quite nasty and stuff. I got sicker earlier this time than I ever have before. Seriously as soon as the second line showed on the pee stick I threw up! Well, actually, it may or may not have been the next day, after forcing myself to keep smoking that last cigarette even after gagging 487 times knowing the puke WAS on its way and not caring because once I puke I'm done smoking...

So yeah. I've been laying around feeling like a flu bug on steroids since, uh, the end of August? Can't member. I didn't feel good so I never looked at a calendar. All I know is that I was worried when the hated Auntie never showed up for the second time since March of last year... *snicker* so I was bribed by a nameless germ nervous* individual that if I'd take a pregnancy test I would receive a Fetal Doppler. I must admit it was a good bribe... Since I'd been wanting one for a long time due to the fact I am now a paranoid individual it didn't take much convincing.
*Germ Nervous is my "smart" phone's interpretation of the word generous. Just to clear up any undue confusion...

I am now feeling better (if you can't tell from the witticisms springing forth from my thumbs. -I'm blogging from my phone- HAHA I'm so funny...) so I have been using my Doppler every time I've felt good for the last couple weeks.

I had my first OB appt on September 19 and I was like 9 weeks 4 days so naturally she didn't find the heartbeat, but me being who I am and with my history, even if it's too early to hear they send me for an ultrasound just so I can see or hear it. Or both sometimes. :D I very much like my Drs because of this fact. Eases my mind considerable.

I first heard the heartbeat on my Doppler at 10 weeks 4 days. It was at like 171 I believe that day. Since then, it just keeps getting easier & easier to find and makes me feel better and better each time I hear it. So it's wonderful. Anytime I don't feel nauseated for more than 4 or 5 hours I get it out and listen. When I hear that sound like the neighbor horse galloping along it no longer maters that I feel good and I proceed to try to straighten up the cyclone mess.

Normally when I have this illness, my mother keeps up with the main nonsense that gets thrown wildly about the house, but this time the woman only possessed one properly working metacarpus so she was pretty much useless too! Baby food nauseates me --along with everything else known to mankind {except Subway}- so mom would feed Resa. But she couldn't open any of the jars so I had to do that. She couldn't wash dishes so they got done perhaps once a week, if that. Well, the big stuff I mean, the dishes & stuff got washed regularly cause I have mom's portable dishwasher over here, but either way, for weeks you didn't see the counter. I washed clothes when we had nothing left to wear and then we dressed from Mt. Laundry on one side of my room. I am happy to report that Mt. Laundry has since been leveled and I am just starting a hill there now. I think I may take care of that issue on the morrow tho.

My husband who takes frozen meals with him to eat while on the road, suffered in that department, because I never felt like cooking or else craved stuff he won't eat, like fish soup & such. That problem has also been remedied. I think he'll be happy this week when he leaves to find that there are more than 3 things to choose from for the 3 meals he usually bring along...

I still must take 89 hour naps in the afternoon, this is partially due to the fact that I have pregnancy insomnia and I single handedly hold annual meetings at the church at 3 am from my bed. The meetings usually last a couple hours but they always turn out well by 5 am! All the 3 of the idiots have been run off and life is great again!

I fear I am beginning to ramble toward another blog post -one with not quite so jovial of a theme as this one, you might say- so I believe I shall go pee for the 98th time this evening and go to sleep. I hope.

2 comments:

  1. Chin up, girl! Theres light at the end of the tunnel! Seriously, may God bless you and the tiny one with health and joy. I'll be thinking of you. I know its passe, but that time flies and before you know iyt, you are a gramma and THATm y friend is a most wonderful thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) praying for you and for this little one to be. God holds you in the palm of His hands! Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete