Sunday, August 12, 2012

Am I Just Weird??

That's my question. When I go to church, I kinda like to think its because I'm going to hear the preaching and sing and worship and stuff. But apparently not everyone does. I see people haul their kids there every Sunday morning and I'm left wondering why they even bother? Yeah. The kid's in church, but who cares? They bring along books, coloring books, crayons, pencils, markers, drawing paper, game boys and their Sunday afternoon meal to eat while playing. And these ain't no little kids who are so young they need something to entertain them so they keep quiet. I'm talking about 6-7-8-9 year olds. Never mind the fact that grandma sits and sleeps the whole time too! Several times I've seen this one lady almost pitch forward off the bench cause she was sleeping so sound. Not to mention the snoring!

And then there's the people who don't even seem to notice that their kid is raising a ruckus. And if their kid DOES break the sound barrier, what do they do? Stand in the back of the church, let the kid face the front and let 'er rip. Has nobody ever heard of discipline? Oh and by the way, it ain't just little kids doing this noise making either. It's big 6-7-8-9 year olds too. Good grief! If your kids gotta sound like a stuck pig, haul them downstairs and sit in a Sunday School room with the door shut and enjoy the serenade yourself!

Let's move on from the kids for a moment. What's the deal with the fellowship hall folks who show up looking like they should actually still be in bed and they left the house so fast they forgot to dress? From the looks of it, they certainly didn't come to listen to the preaching, 'cause they are talking the entire time they're sitting there! Interspersed of course by someone getting up for a fresh cup of coffee. I dunno... I personally wouldn't even bother coming if I had such important stuff to discuss.

I'm sure I'll get crap from SOME anonymous individual who will be all affronted at me even bringing these up, but there's also such a thing as good manners. At least when I was a kid there was. But that probably went out of style the same time as a good old fashioned smack on the butt. And a good rebuke to the elders.

3 comments:

  1. Nope, you're not weird. I believe in Sunday Best and minor activity for children under 4. Oh, and snoring in church seems unwarranted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Altho' I should mention I have snored in church before... *snicker* And it was a small enough church and fe enough people that everyone including the preacher heard me... Lol!!!

      Delete