Monday, June 18, 2012

A WHOOOLE Lotta Nuthin'

 Dearest me I love me truly... Do you realize how long it's been since I actually updated this thing?! I mean, really! Since I last updated we have gone fishing -every night for almost a week! After the first night on which Rachel caught 3 fish, and Rosie caught 1 big bass, we didn't catch a thing but underwater plants. Oh wait! I lied. *I* caught a HUGE fish by the tail, but since we didn't have a net the stupid thing got away as soon as I had him hauled halfway out of the water. Oh yeah, and I guess I caught a bullhead one night, which promptly got chucked back in the water. Not sure what I'm even doing fishing... I feel all bad for those poor fish who were just out for their evening meal and suddenly had this huge pain in their lip or mouth or throat or in the instance of one of Rachel's fish, it's back fin. LOL! I think I have WAY to good of an imagination. By the time the dumb fish get reeled in they have a family of 12 weeping and wailing and gnashing their teeth about 40 yards out into the lake. *sigh*

 Speaking of fishing, I think we might be going again tomorrow since Reece, bless his dear heart, somehow managed to LOSE his passport. SERIOUSLY. And after all the crap he gave me for losing my headset! (Which was mostly his & Donald's fault ANYWAY, for distracting me from getting it out if the shopping cart that day.) My headset only costs $70. A passport costs $135. *hmph*

 I am currently vacillating between wondering how on earth I got such cute kids and wondering where on earth they got permission to be so big. Not that I wish they were newborns again by any means! But still! Shouldn't Rosie still be a year old or so?! No way, dear ones, would I wish they to be babies again. I can handle their infant-hood screaming fits as long as they last and it's WONDERFUL that they grow as fast as they do! You'll never find a more thankful person than me in that respect!! Oh yes. The other thing I OFTEN wonder is HOW. Many. TIMES. Do you have to tell a pair of kids to SHUT UP AND GO TO SLEEP before they start actually doing it the 4th time? I'll be right back. I hear yodeling.

 Now I hear dying hyenas... ANYWAY, so how has YOUR life been lately? You know what? I think I have something to gripe about. Or two things. 1. People who think it's SO wonderful to """"ONLY"""" have left over skin after you have a baby instead of leftover weight THAT YOU CAN LOSE IF YOU TRY HARD ENOUGH. Let me tell you something. Your extra weight doesn't require plastic surgery AFTER you are done having kids for the rest of your life to fix. So SHUT. UP. Thanks.

 2. I'm tired of hearing people whine about missing their husbands and how their life is just ruined because he had to stay at work for 2 hours longer and their washing machine has a kink in the hose so they can't scratch their left ear till the blessed man walks through the door. You know what I wanna say to these wimpy whine-bags? Go brew some he-man coffee and GROW a set! Just because you have a husband, DOES not mean that you only have half a brain. Use the bloody thing for what it was intended instead of whining to people who most likely have bigger problems than you do, so they actually, really don't care to hear that your left toenail got ingrown 'cause your only working half of yourself is working late tonight. GLORY! And PS just because I dated my husband over the phone in no way makes me miss him any less than someone who dated their husband by seeing him every night for 2 days or a year. Compris? Good.


  OH!!!!! I also have a new phone since I updated last! I got an iPhone, and I found an app called My Library. Now. If you know me, you can imagine how ecstatic I was! I have wanted to catalog all my books for Y E A R S !!!!! and I've tried doing random lists and stuff but none of them was what I wanted... I wanted to be able to 1. scan the book's bar-code and have it entered that way, or 2. enter the ISBN number and bring it up that way and 3! bring the list with me wherever I go so I don't buy books I already own and NOT get books I *cough* need! This has all those options! It does have random bugs tho... such as when you scan the bar-code on a Hardy Boys Casefiles book and it gives you A Book On Dieting by Some Fat Lady, but these are minor issues that are easily solved by entering the ISBN number. Which makes no sense to me, because most of the bar-codes ARE the ISBN number. But then on some books it's not. And you never can see any rhyme nor reason as to what the difference is. *sigh* And it's also kinda faulty when you have books that are older than you and which were published before they even CREATED the ISBN number. LOL! That's not the app's fault tho! HAHA! Anyway, I have now entered 768 of my books. I only have 3 more boxes and 4 more shelves to go and I'll be DONE! Can I get any Hallelujahs?! ;)


 Alrighty. I hope this has given you something to read for a couple days. I just discovered I haven't talked about half the stuff that I could have. I'll make some cliff notes in my phone and update again soon. I hear my husband snoring and we gotta get up early! NO sleeping till 11:30 for us tomorrow! *sigh* ;) Did I mention? We might even go fishing!

2 comments:

  1. HALLELUJAH!!!

    And Amen to everything! Thanks for sharing your life, in the way that only you can, and I agree!

    Your biggest fan, next to that 'blessed' man you are married to................

    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder how many books I have? Would love to catalog them.

    ReplyDelete