The Story Of Jaine Gaula Bphio
{{For those of you who may be confused, her name is pronounced JANIE I-have-no-idea-how-to-pronouce-that-middle-name-either PBOO. I remember her last name so distinctly, because I had to chew mom out so many times for pronouncing the last name phonetically, poor woman.) So without any further ado or wordy explanations, here is Janie in all her glory, written exactly how I typed it. Unfortunately.}}
By: Ronda Pearl Kujala
Age: 12 1/2
The grass is green on this side it isn't greener over there, sang Jaine Bphio to her cow. The cow said moooo alright said Jaine I will trust you. She turned around and walked out of the barn. She went straight to her little white cottage. She went in and closed the door. She walked over to her cupboard and got out her best china {{Right here is where I decided she was married and had kids. when I started writing she was single and lived by the ocean.}} Wake up children it's almost nine o' clock ! she called. Alright mama she heard. Above her the ten children rushed arround Good Morning mama said a voice she looked and saw all ten standing in the doorway Good Morning children she said " Guess who is coming for breakfast " ? " Aunt Willadean? " Yes thats right said Jaine Your father left for work an hour ago he didn't even have time for the cows Shall I go do it asked Bryan ? No I already did them. ( Before I go on with the story I should introduce You to the Bphio family First comes Thirteen yr. old Johanna Lynn, then Shandra LOuise, who is eleven, next come Robert John (Bobby) & Richard James who Are ten , then come Charlotte Ann, Candy Eliza, & Cindy Elizabeth, they are seven , after them are Susan Kay, FIVE , Stephen George, Three , & Peter Benjamin, who is one and a half. ) (Jaine has long brown hair which she wears in abun. Her husband'ss name is Jacob he has black hair and beard he has brown eyes . Jaine has gray.) Just as the food was on the table Aunt Willadeans car pulled in " Goody " cried the children ! Welcome , welcome cried Jaine ( the Bryan that was mentioned was staying night {{I forgot to list Bryan is with the kids when I introduced them so I demoted him to a neighbor kid. That last sentence was falling off the page, hence the lack of the closing parenthesis}} Who is the young man ? Ihavent seen him before ,said Aunt Willadean . He is the neighbor boy said Jaine He stayed night . Oh,ILsee said Aunt Willadean . "Now we should eat before the food gets coldsaid Jaine, Allright child ren fold your hands and say grace now after grace all the children went to the counter to fill thier plates with the good food. Just as they wrer eating they heard a knock at the door. "Come in" called Jaine there in the door stood Uncle Philip"88 years old and still roaming the country !" said Aunt Willadean (Uncle Philip hasnt been here since Bobby, & Richard were babies888 years ago practickly said Johanna to Shandra when there were in the other room. You were one and I was only three the but I still remember his beard! " He must have shaved it off since then because he don't have one now said Shandra. {{I'd think 10 years would give a little leeway in the beard dept. wouldn't you?}} Shandra, You know you shouldn't say dont you should say doesn't. said Johanna . I know Ishouldn't but I always forget. said Shandra. {{Yes, I was big on grammar back then -even tho' I didn't practice what I preached. LOL!!}} "Girls , called Janie from the living room it doesnt sound like there is much dishwashing going on in there or is that what you went in there for . "No mama , there isn"t ,& we disn't . " Ho ,Ho,Ho, laughed Uncle Philip " that sounds like you when you were little Janie ! " Why ,Philip i'm surprized at you! Said Aunt Willadean , Janie was as sweet as can be she never broke her mothers dishes (the best china) , or any of my vases . Aunt Willadean winked at Janie ,You never did any such thing did you , I repete you never did,did you ? "oh ,noI broke nothing except my mama's best set of china dinner dishes, cups, glasses ,&teacups right Aunt Willadean. "To be sure ,to be sure, SAid Aunt Willadean . " Uncle Philip said , Ifeel like changing the subject. "Did you hear about the guy inthe army? he would forget to say sir a the beginning and end of his sentences when he was talking to the sargent. So one day he was roporting to the sargent and forgot to say sir at the beginning & and end of his sentenses and the sargent got MAD " Lutenent ,he bellowed , what do you say at the beginning and end of your sentences ?" " the lutenent hollered out:"Sir,SIR,Sir! " Ha,HA,HA! laughed Janie and Aunt Willadean. After they had talked for another hour Aunt Willadean stood and said , "Well, Ihad better go. Goodby Philip ,you'll have to come visit your older sister after you leave here." "Alright goodbye. Willadean , Said, Philip I8ll be knocking on your door in half an hour. "Good-Bye Aunt Willadean chourused the children from the door way. Here are some flowers for you saidBobby and Richard. "Thank-You boy's .
Two hours later everybody in the house was sleeping. (taking naps) Suddenly the quiet was shattered by the phone ringing. Janie rolled over on the bed over to Jacob's side where the phone was ."Hello, SAid Jaine's voice Hi said Jacob's voice. Whats up? Jacob
Said Iwill be home in an hour can you get the children ready for the beach by then ? Oh , yes said Janie.
why are you getting home so early ? she asked Because I got to work so early . Oh, Isee well I'll be ready see you soon . Bye . Children, called Janie do you want to go to the beach now your dad will is going to be here in an hour so hurry up . Bryan you will have to go home now Goodbye.
THE END.........
{{Did anybody else notice how Jaine's name switched to Janie when Uncle Philip started talking to her? LOL! And then it switched back the right way, and then in the last paragraph it switched again? AND, did anybody else feel sorry for poor Bryan? The kids over there half the day, she makes him take a nap and then wakes him up out of a dead sleep: "GET UP DUDE! We're going to the beach! Go home you hunk of chopped liver!!" *sigh*}}
Oh, yes my "family" had 14 kyds, 7 boys and 7 girls. And yes there must be a set of twins. One set was named Burdette and Burnadette. Nathaniel was 7 and his job was to sweep the sidewalk. I did not write about them, they were in my head and now, alas, they aren't anymore.
ReplyDeleteLol! I had a family... Boy did I ever. I should write about them sometime. My friends & I used to write letters to each other during the week, and our kids wrote to each other too... I feel another post coming on. :D Thanks for the idea!
DeleteHaha...so funny and cute! My husband was just telling me some funny things about your dad- how some people thought he might be too funny to be preaching. I think I'd like to hear him sometime. ;)
ReplyDelete