Saturday, May 26, 2012

Contest!

 So. I'm annoyed. Ticked off. Getting madder the longer I think about the stupidity. It doesn't help that Reece has to be gone this weekend and so I was in a bad mood to begin with... ;) ANYWAY. I went last night and got a new faucet for my kitchen sink 'cause the one that the wise and smart and all-knowing landlord put it developed a crack on either side of the spout. He told me it was caused by "renter abuse" I told HIM that it was caused by the fact that the peckin' spout was so bloody hard to turn and the thing was made out of PLASTIC. He then told me that it was a """"TOP OF THE LINE"""" faucet and so it was MY fault the stupid thing broke. Well, that was 2 or 3 weeks ago. And he cares so much about the stuff that goes wrong in my house that I haven't heard a breath from him since. Of course, I'm sure that the reason for that is the fact that I --and I quote-- "Live completely in the WRONG direction from where (he) always goes." End quote. I should ask him sometime who it is that bought this forsaken shack since it's in such an INCONVENIENT spot. And then tell him "slap my neck for buttering your confusion." I'll move out while he's still pondering the implications of what I just said.

 Anyway, I am going to send a free Stenersen Cookbook of your choice, to the person who guesses the closest to the price I found online when I googled the price tag on the old faucet. There's 2 Stenersen cookbooks to choose from: The first edition which has 464 recipes and 212 pages OR the second one that has 778 recipes and 370 pages.

 Have your comments in by 12:00 noon CST on Monday May 28, 2012. I'll announce the winner Monday night. See if you are as good of a judge of "top of the line" as my precious landlord is, BLESS HIS HEART...

7 comments: