Saturday, February 25, 2012

Pray For Raina

I really wasn't planning on posting today, I thought I had too much stuff to do, actually, I really did. But then bedtime came. While we were saying prayer, I paused and Rosie said, "Pray for Raina mom!" I looked at her kinda confused and said, "Pray for Raina? Why? What would I pray?" "Pray that she will get alive and come play with us mom!" and her eyes were shining with excitement at the thought of playing with her little sister who lives in Heaven. I got a large tight spot in my throat and my eyes started burning as I looked at Reece wondering what in the world I should reply to such a request.

I looked back at Rosie sitting there with her eyes shining with hope and a big smile on her face and when she saw the tear running down the corner of my eye her smile started drooping and she looked quizzically from me to Reece. "Was Raina in yours belly mommy?" I choked out "Yeah" "Did you like her mommy?" "Yeah" "How come she died mommy?" "I don't know, Rosie." "Well, pray for her mommy! So that she will come play with us and we can see her and she can be ours sister!!"

There you go. Now it's your turn to figure out an answer for the child. Something that won't result in the reply "God is naughty for bringing Raina to live with Him!"

8 comments:

  1. The quote that Clarissa and Joey had at Elijah's funeral said "...I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me." 2 Samuel 12:23 I guess you could tell her you can pray that one day you will all be together in heaven, but she will not return to you here...I'm sure it still grieves your heart, but it is s reply I think a child can accept.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((hugs))) sweet girl, Jesus bless her and you and all of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all! When she asks again I shall reply. If I can get my throat cleared soon enough that is...

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh Ronda. I feel kind of sad for you right now. I remember after Bendigo died how many times my little ones asked things like this & wanted to just get him back. Demaris would play this game that we were going to get him & we would climb up a high ladder & take him home to our house "just for one day mom! so we can play & you can see him again" it would make me weep because she was so innocent & being the mom I knew exactly what she meant. Keep talking about Heaven & Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmm. Ronda some things there just arent answers to. My daughter asked me shortly after our Ryan died why God would let such a thing happen to our family. Doesn't God love us and we love him? I told her that God wanted Ryan in heaven NOW because maybe something would happen to him later in life that would be so much worse. Maybe something that would keep him from being with the Lord in eternity. I don't know if that helps you, but it comforted me at the time and my children and still does.
    Love
    Dawn Anderson

    ReplyDelete
  6. You will know who...March 12, 2012 at 2:22 PM

    Hi Ronda,

    Not having had the experiences of the others who have replied to you, I don't feel as qualified to answer. But for what it's worth... I was talking with my oldest one day, and he asked what happens when we die. I told him if we love Jesus we will go to Heaven to be with Him. Of course, being so young, he said he didn't want to go there, so far from Mama and Daddy. I told him that if he went before Mama and Daddy, Jesus would take care of him until Mama and Daddy would come to be with him, too. So maybe you could say that when babies go to Heaven they can't come back, but Jesus takes very good care of them, and when we go to Heaven we will be able to see them and play with them.
    That is kind of what Mindy said already...
    There is no easy answer, though!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete