Thursday, February 23, 2012

Dr. Machine and Stuff

  We've been frequenting the doctor's office lately... Today was Rosie's 4 year checkup and so I had Dr. Machine --which is what Rosie calls her unless I ask her what Dr Shaneen's name is in FRONT of Dr. Shaneen. Then she's says it right, but if she's just talking randomly, she forgets and calls her Dr. Machine. LOL! ANYWAYS, back on to the main track again, I had Dr. Machine check out Rachel's' ears too, to be sure they are actually getting better and they are! Yay for Antibiotics and Hyland's Earache Tablets and Tylenol and Melaleuca Oil and Cough & Cold and Elderberry and Vicks! LOL! Oh. And YAY for Acidophilus to counteract the killing of all good bacteria in the intestines too! :) I believe in that stuff. Without it Rachel would have the worst case of chronic yeasty diaper rash you've never wanted to see in your life.

  And HEY! One other thing I have found that kills off the yeast in her diaper?? EMAB's Angel Baby Bottom Balm gets rid of it!! It even gets rid of thrush on the boobies! :D Those of you who live out on the Wet Coast can look for it at Freddies (and probably some other stores too since it's made in Clackamas). I found that out when a dear friend from South Dakota who was visiting out there purchased it for me not long ago and sent it home via a detour into a truck stop in Spokane where it was delivered to my hubby who brought it all the way across the mountains and hills and plains and then forgot it in his truck for a week before bringing it home to me. Just remember to check expiration dates when you get the stuff from Freddies. The nipple butter she got was expired and rancid. EW! So EMAB sent me a new jug of it, but still, beware.

  When Rosie was measured she was 41 inches tall and she weighs 30 something pounds. SIGH. I think that's how much she weighs I mean... I can't remember, nor can I find the paper she got with all that info on it. All I remember is that she's on the 75th percentile for her height and the 50th I think it was for her weight. Tall skinny kid. This explains why her clothing is always too short and to fat for her in the 4T size. She got a gift of belts for Christmas and if her pants don't have the elastic inside them she wears her belt. She LOVES belts, 'cause then she's just like Daddy! :) She may not be the kid who staunchly refuses to claim anyone other than her father, but she sure wants to do a lot of stuff just like he does!

  Miss "I'm DADDY'S girl" is Rachel. I think that child has been mine ONE time when I ask her who's girl she is. Otherwise it's daddy's. Unless Reece is asking her, then she's grandpa's girl. LOL! At church she'll go run and find her grandpa before she will say anything to grandma! For some reason I think that makes both of those fellows have what they call in the Old Country, a soft spot for the small blonde one with the head that's shaped like her great uncle's. I think it was one of the great uncles who died in a train accident 40 years ago or so, but I do know I've never met him. Never even seen a picture of him that I know of! Wow. Train engineers would hate me... I jump off track so often they'd never get anywhere!


  I also had them weigh Resa today just to see how much she's gained, if anything. That's the one thing I hate about nursing. You never know how much or little the kid is actually ingesting. And then when they start spitting like the old men around the pot bellied wood stove in the general store in the 1800s, you start wondering if they're even keeping anything in their belly at all that would encourage things in the growth department. BUT, wonder of wonders, even with her diminished appetite from the hacky wheezy cough she's had, she was up about a pound from her last appointment! She was 10# 4oz. with her clothes on, so you can figure out how much her clothes and diaper weighed as well as I can. Some of you elderly ones can probably figure it out even better since you have so many more kids than I do! ;) I also felt even better today about not knowing I should block off one nostril when using the booger sucker. I mentioned it to the Well Child nurse and the student nurse that was stalking her today, and neither one of them knew that either! :) I feel wise now. *snicker*

  You know people, it really does make me happy to know that you guys spend so much time reading my nonsense and ramblings and rantings and ventings. I mean, I already know I'm funny, 'cause I make me laugh quite often, but it makes me feel that I'm actually accomplishing my mission in life when I can haul people up on my bandwagons and have them join me in the madness. ;) No, that ain't sayin' you guys are nuts, just that you're normal too. Like me. BAHAHA! Oh. Sorry. Maybe you didn't WANT to be my kind of normal. Well I'm sorry, yer screwed. Anybody that likes me hasta be the weird kind of normal as opposed to the kind of normal that weird people are, 'cause otherwise they wouldn't be normal and I wouldn't like them. Got that? Good. Now you may go in peace. Love ya! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment