Monday, November 21, 2011

Doctor's Orders

Okay... Once again I'm gonna go on record with these words. I have the most awesome doctor! She's ROFL hilarious and nerdy as can be! Just. Like. Me. :D She cares about me! I know some of you are probably like "duh?" Yeah? You don't some of these doctors around here. She actually called me this afternoon 'cause she didn't like how sad & tired I looked at my appointment today. Dr. M was the same way and I know someone who was shocked that Dr. M actually called her herself to talk about something one day. Her normal Dr. doesn't do anything of the sort, which, of course, is why I never went back to that Dr. after my first miss when she never even acknowledged that I'd ever been in there.

In the course of our conversation, I 'llowed as to the fact that I'm thinking that part of my problem is that I haven't had time to write about the things that have been annoying me lately. To which she replied that I should go do so immediately. Well, immediately has lasted almost a week now, but I refuse to shut up until I say my piece.I was told by a wise person who had a wise mother; "If you're wrong admit it. If you're right shut up." But I haven't said my piece yet, so I ain't shutting up quite yet. Sorry if that disappoints you.

This is what I have to say. Why does every article that has to do with breast feeding have to have a picture of a *LARGE* boob accompanying it? PLEASE TAKE NOTE HERE:

Breastfeeding does not offend/bother me.
الرضاعة الطبيعية لا يزعجني

 Imettäminen ei haittaa minua.
 Amning inte förolämpa mig inte.
 Stillen beleidigt mich nicht.
l'allattamento al seno non mi preoccupa...
Just figured I'd say that in several languages so there'd be no mistaking my meaning. Since, I guess, other country's BFing habits somehow have something to do with the people who live in America. I literally can not believe how many people there are who think that nursing a baby requires obscenely large boobs and that if you write about it, you must post a picture of what you're talking about. My mother was wondering if people think we're stupid or something that we need a picture to explain what is being said.

My explanation is that people just want a reason to show off their 72DDDs. There was just a big huge row about this on Facebook and because I and a few other people said we didn't like a picture that accompanied an article, we were told that we were perverted, men are perverted for thinking about boobs that are being showed off -if they are being used for feeding a kid-, we are offended by BFing and on & on & on with the same words over and over, never ever once admitting that we are supposed to be modest, and modesty, the last I checked did NOT involve hanging your boob out for all the world to see just 'cause you're feeding your kid. I have yet to figure out how the leap from not liking to see naked boob to not liking BFing is made. Yeah, you can't exactly feed a kid with it clothed, but when you're sitting in public, do you really actually think that it's okay for you to just whip it out and say chow down kid?! And yet still think that you're in the right if some random guy would see that and have problems with it. It's the GUY'S fault. Sorry. WRONG answer. That's just like saying that a Beagle is stupid for chasing a rabbit at every scent it finds. I have a newsflash for you. Guys were MADE to be turned on by sight. So if you wanna gripe and whine about that fact you go right ahead and yell at God and tell HIM He's screwed up. If this fact wasn't true, there would be no use for the millions -probably billions- of pornography that is made in a year.


Someone made a comment that "Our men aren't that weak! Give them some credit!" (to which my husband replied "Bullshit!") I have talked with many people about this statement since it was made and every one of them said, "WHAAAT?! That person actually THINKS that?!!" I said, Yeah, I guess. I'm not exactly sure what kind of a poor excuse for a marriage they have if they are really trying to tell themselves that their hubby doesn't catch his eyes or his mind wandering before he catches himself. I'm not talking about our men seeing a boob, rushing to the nearest private spot so he can jack off, people! I'm talking about the real every day temptations that men see every time they go in public. There's enough crap out there for them to be tempted with starting with the way women -INCLUDING the ones from church- dress seductively, that we really don't need to be hanging actual naked boobies in their faces all in the name of the WONDERFULLY natural thing called nursing. Or did I miss something here? 


Do people ACTUALLY believe that their husbands 'don't see other women' or 'don't have a problem with anything like that' ??? Really? Seriously? If my husband returned from 2 weeks out on the road and told me that he hadn't noticed a single boob, butt or leg the entire time he was gone I would be quoting Mrs. Smith "What's her name & social security number?" 'Cause if he DIDN'T notice, it'd either mean that he had a medical problem, he's blind or he's lying. I personally am glad when he talks about the dumb women he sees on the road. It means he's truthful and trustworthy. Much more so than these husbands who waltz around saying that they never see other women and the ignorant wives who suck up the stories!


Oh. And one person tried to say that they don't think that there is such a thing as a small nursing boob. *AHEM* I BEG to differ with you! Altho' come to think of it, it's a natural assumption when you finally admit the fact that every nursing picture you've ever seen has been a pornographic sized one. One thing that does actually gross me out about nursing pictures, is the sites that ask you to please post the pictures on there. I always wonder what sicko guy is requesting that?? If it ain't a sicko guy, the pray tell me WHAT IS THE POINT??? It IS in fact possible to tell your story without showing that you do indeed have a boob or two hanging around your body. Isn't it?


The other thing I haven't quite figured out is all this about how people in other countries breastfeed. What do the customs in Sweden or Norway or China or India or Mexico have to do with America? And since when are boobs not sexual? Especially here in America, where, the last I checked WE ALL LIVE. So, since we all live in America, why are we not going off American culture? Shall we also start having our whole families take saunas together? Our relatives in Finland do/did that! Good grief people! If everybody you knew jumped off a cliff would you do that too?


Someone else said that they think there is a difference between a big boob that has a kid's head covering the nipple and a big boob that has a piece of cloth covering it. I'm sorry to break it to ya, but there are PLENTY of people out there who wouldn't give a rat's patootey what's in front of the thing. If they're perverted enough to watch movies of guys getting blow jobs, what's gonna stop them from browsing around a breastfeeding website to get their jollies? P.S. I know several guys like that. Pardon me for bursting your innocent little nursing bubble. And if you yourself think it's wrong for YOUR boob or your daughter's boob to be seen by a male, then what the tarnation are you doing defending other people who show them off in a manner that you don't even believe in?


Nor am I yelling about the women who are nursing their kids and the kid is having trouble getting latched on right and your blanket falls off. If you haven't figured out THAT point yet in all of this, then I shall not worry about you anymore. There is obviously no way you can comprehend decent thought patterns or something. Not only that, I think it's absolutely ridiculous to act like people who nurse with a cover on during the summer are torturing their kids. Check this out if you wanna see some nursing covers. Target also has these swaddler blanket thingies made out of some really light material, and they are HUGE 44X44 to be exact. I shall be investing in one myself as soon as I have the need for one. It'll also help hide some of that big fat roll that is left around the waistline for a while when you have a new baby. *snicker*


Now you can have your fits and I'm gonna go to Subway. By the way, if you comment anonymously, I'll know that that opinion of yours that you are so very proud of, really isn't much to be proud of if you can't even back it by signing your name to it... just something I've been thinking about for a very long time. Have a nice day!! :)

7 comments:

  1. I bet you feel better now that you got that off your chest.. you already know my opinion..oh and ya the part where some said don't go visit other countries, etc... Ummmmm ya I really don't have any interest in visiting those places anyway! One thing that does bother me tho is when people go the other xtreme and say that guys were made to look and so they use that as an excuse to lust... that really pisses me off! They can and should look away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Amanda. That is right also. And I guess I could include that... Just 'cause Beagles are made to chase rabbits doesn't mean my dog chases every rabbit she sees! It's called a leash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I AGREE totally! BFing has become an excuse to show your boobs. Period. Women have been covering up for centuries while BFing and it hasn't smothered a kid yet.

    And Reece is 100% correct! BULLSHIT is RIGHT! Saying that men don't notice or shouldn't notice is a pile of crap and we ALL know it! God made men to be turned on by a woman's body, especially boobs. It happens to be the truth and everyone knows this which is why 'boobs sell things' and they are incorporated into every ad at every conceivable opportunity. They are featured on the fronts of books and on movie posters. The perfume companies use them. Need I go on? Wake up, ladies!

    I also agree that any woman who believes her husband when he says he didn't notice a single woman had better be concerned for the state of her marriage because he is either a eunuch or is 'getting it' from somewhere else and hiding it.

    Thanks for always speaking the truth! It is one of the things I LOVE about you!

    Glenda

    PS. I aslo agree that any comment worth making is worth signing your name to. Glad to see the 'anonymous' individuals haven't shown up yet.......................

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH!! I forgot one other thing!! Reece also said that if I ever heard him say that he doesn't notice things like that, that I should know that he's cut a horse from the herd and if he ain't ridin' her yet he's at least got the saddle out of the barn!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whew! That was a lot off your chest!! I do hope you feel better ... no sense keeping it bottled in if it's stressing you out. ;) I lean more towards being too relaxed :( and let things just slide off like "water off a duck's back". Good or bad, I don't know. Take care, Ronda. Lots of love, Rosanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree... can't say you don't shock me with some of your boldness, but you are correct, nonetheless! ;)

    ReplyDelete