Friday, December 30, 2011

Beware, I'm Advertising...

There are actually very few things wrong with me (snort), but the one thing I AM having issues with right now can be summed up with one word. Verbosity. *snicker* I have so much stuff to say sometimes that Facebook's tiny little status updates are basically worthless.


First in the line up tonight is this: If you want to know where you can get Elderberry for MUCH cheaper than buying it from your local health food store, just go check out Swanson. For example, I just got an 8 oz. bottle for $13.70 vs. the $27-28 that I have to pay for it from the health food store in Fergus!! I also got a 12!! dose box of Oscillococcinum from there... I didn't even know they created a box bigger than a 6 dose!! From the health food store in Wadena, a 3 dose box costs $8.29. From Swanson I paid $14. All together, including shipping I spent less for both items than I would have paid for just the Elderberry from the health food store!! Have I ever told you about Oscillococcinum?? It's SO awesome if you get the flu! It's safe for 2 year olds, it is tiny little pellets that dissolve quickly --and kids like crunching them up, it tastes kinda sweet... and it gets rid of the flu FAST. They also sell the teething tablets that I swear by for my babies. I'm quite happy that the teething tablets are back again, they recalled them for some bogus reason just before Rachel was finishing up her main teeth and I bought the last 2 bottles our drug store had, but now they sell them in a bigger thing I think. I'm pretty sure they weren't 135 pills in a jug before... Just in time for Resa to need them. Well, not for at least another 6 months I hope!! LOL!

Next on my brag list, since everything can't be listed as number 1 for some sad reason, are the Earth Mama Angel Baby products. Oh my word, if you are having a baby or know someone who is or just did you MUST check this site out. I don't know how many people are like me, who would rather push your kid out several times over, than start nursing because pushing that baby out feels better, but if you ARE like me, you NEED this!!! The only problem I've ever had with their products is not having them. This stuff is AWESOME. Trust me. And for the body parts that take the worst beating when giving birth? Bottom Spray for when it hurts so bad you don't dare touch it and Bottom Balm for when you can get close to the hemorrhoids without dying of fright & pain. I am 10 days from the delivery room and I can wipe! LOL! I think that before I start this nursing process again, I'm gonna invest in those Booby Tubes they have. I mean, anything is better than walking around looking like Dolly Parton with burning rocks for substitutes isn't it?? Everything else I've gotten from them works awesome, I don't see why those'd be any different. That's just one of the many reasons I love my hospital, they give us a spa pack of EMAB stuff with the Bottom Spray, Nipple Butter, Bottom Balm Samples, Happy Mama Spray, Earth Mama Body Butter, Happy Mama Body Wash, and 4 bags each of the Monthly Comfort & Milkmaid teas. Plus, on the free massage certificate, they give you a EMAB Mint Lip Balm! Did I mention I love my hospital??

Have any of you ever had the good fortune to have a kid get stuck in the shoulder region while proceeding forth? I don't know for sure if I mentioned this on here, but I know I said to more than one person that I had a bad feeling about this kid from her first ultrasound. She had her hands up by her head and I fervently was hoping she'd MOVE before heading out. I was worried she'd take after her eldest sister and have her hands up by her face and everybody said, "Oh they move around a lot, I don't think you'll have to worry about it." HA!!! You forget who's kid you're talkin' about here. I guess they were half right tho', she didn't manage to get them up by her face, she got them stuck in an awkward arms-half-folded maneuver that resulted in stuck shoulders, a bruised face & bloodshot eyes on her and dying-hyena-like screaming nonsense from me. Don't know about you, but when a kid crowns, they're supposed to keep going. When they sit there and have to get pried out it causes muchly greatness in the pain department. I still feel dumb for screaming tho'. No matter that I had both of the best Doctors in the world telling me I did great and have WONDERFUL control. *snort* I wonder what I controlled? Their hearing levels for the rest of the day?

Yes. You did read that right up there, there were 2 Drs in the room when she was born. One was Dr. Shaneen of course, and the other (wonder of wonders!!) was Dr. Murdoch! She was here for a week working in the ER and she happened to be not busy at the time Resa was born so when they called to let her know I was at a 9 1/2 she came whizzing on down and so instead of a nurse holding my knee for me I had her there!! :) I am so happy she was there!! I was so disappointed when she wasn't gonna be here for the pregnancy & birth, I just didn't want her last birth of mine to be a dead baby, that just felt wrong.

You know something else? This child has done three things my other girls never did.
1. Sleep awesomely. This kid does nothing but sleep. She usually goes about 4 hours at a stretch during the night & every couple hours during the day between feedings. Not only that, she poops & farts! I guess that'd be 4 things then. :D
2. She is cuddly!!! Never saw such a thing before!! Rachel began being cuddly when I came home from the hospital after Raina was born and she continued for a long time, but NEVER have I had a cuddly baby!
3. She isn't gassy & fussy!!! Rosie cried a minimum of 4 hours every day -from 6-10pm. Rachel was no respecter of times or places, she just cried whenever she wasn't eating or sleeping. And she rarely did the sleeping thing. And of course now that I'm on here bragging up Resa's good temperament she has decided to not go to bed tonight. She wants to be held. Maybe I shouldn't have told you anything! LOL!

OH! One last thing I wanna brag about is Bag Balm. LOL! Yes, the old fashioned lookin' stuff in the green canister. If you happen to get all kinds of little tortuous knobs & BBs & lumps on your boobs when the milk supply for all of the US Armed Forces combined comes in, just take my advice. Sorry, I mean, take my HUSBAND'S advice. Rub them down with bag balm and you'll be amazed how the lumps soften up!! My chest is finally becoming a part of my body I will acknowledge again. I mean, the nipple butter worked awesome and the pain was almost gone and then the milk came in. Got that all squared away and the pain was almost gone when I realized that there was a new pain going on and it was quite familiar. Remember our bird friend the thrush? SHEESH. So I painted Resa's mouth and myself and we had purple everywhere. It didn't help anything that Resa wasn't too keen on the flavor when I swabbed her mouth and consequentially spewed forth like a whale's blow hole either, but I washed all the clothes today and they came clean so we're on the road to recovery. I also went flaming off to the pharmacy at 5 minutes to closing all by myself with my 3 kids and got a lil magic pill that is guaranteed to kill the yeast that was caused in the first place by that stupid antibiotic you gotta be on when you're Strep B positive like I was this time. *SIGH* Me & yeast don't get along so well from a yeast's point of view. I'm always out to kill it. I usually even succeed. *HIGHFIVE TEAM HOTCHKISS!!* (Sorry, if you've never played the Nancy Drew game Treasure in the Royal Tower, that last sentence will make no sense to you. If you wanna join my club you may go buy the game & play it. It will leave a lasting impression on you.)

Nursing and trucking really have nothing in common except the purple that we've just been discussing and I really don't want you to live your life without ever hearing Purple Peterbilt, so I linked it up there. My girls think the 'Purple Peterbilten' song is just great. I think they are their father's daughters... something to do with Truckin' tunes seems to calm them. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact they may or may not have been subjected to the songs at top volume in utero. I'm pretty sure they'll know Big Wheels in the Moonlight by heart before their 12th birthdays. *snicker*

I am beginning to ramble now --or was that up at the top of this post??-- so I think I shall take myself off to bed and see if Small One will let me sleep now that I bragged about her.

2 comments:

  1. This blog is a keeper. Pat Matson Aho

    ReplyDelete
  2. HeHeHe!!!! Another GREAT blog!!! And I never heard of those little flu fighting (homeopathic) pills! Gotta get some.
    I am happy to hear that Resa engages in things like sleeping, cuddling, being content/happy, farting and pooping! She is off to a GREAT start!
    HUGS!!!!

    Glenda

    ReplyDelete