I have many things I would love to say but I have no idea what they are so I shall not speak of them at this time. One thing I WILL mention, is that contrary to popular belief, I CAN keep my mouth shut under great provocation if I think it will best keep the situation from spiraling quickly out of control.
I was approached by someone last night and hugged. (I stood stiff as a board.) Said person then looked at me and said, "How come you aren't smiling at me?!" (I clamped my mouth shut, gritted my teeth and looked him straight in the eye. All while trying to still look pleasant.) To that question I spoke not a word, because the FIRST thing that popped in my head and almost made it off my tongue was, "Because you're TWO-FACED!" and the rest of the stuff I thought just went down hill from there. So if one of you happened to be praying for my mouth last night... I will say thank you right now! ;D LOL! The only way I can foresee me breaking my silence when he asks his dumb questions and acts all fake and like nothing has ever changed between he & I is if he would say one thing against my husband. I can pretty much guarantee ya, he'd get it with both barrels and I'd probably throw in a hand grenade for good measure. Wait. According to Reece, my hand grenades are my LOOKS. If that's the case, maybe I already gave him one of those. *snicker*
I see absolutely no point in trying to explain to someone who has done no wrong why I think he's wrong and hashing and rehashing the whole thing. I already told him what I thought years ago- and so did several other people. We were all wrong then, so I doubt anything has changed since then. That's fine. I just wish SOMEone would have told me he was there last night so I could have stayed home and kept my nerves a little more on the UNfrayed side. Glory.
Now I just wanna figure out what to give my kids so their annoying hacking coughs and snot noses will go away. I still have no Elderberry since that incident where the eldest girl 'round these parts drank the whole bloomin' 7oz. that I had left in the bottle! It's not exactly something you buy with your spare change in the bottom of your purse! I decided to try giving them zinc yesterday, so I started them on that. And ROFL! I tried giving them some Vitamin C. I should have taken pictures of their faces!! No, I do not have any chewable, but I figured what the rip? They eat all kinds of other nasty stuff they AREN'T supposed to eat, so why would they care if something I give them makes their toes curl and their jaw cramp from the sourness. I guess I figured wrong in that instance. HA! Oh well, I have some EsterC that I can give them. That shouldn't be so horrible to the taste buds. It's just tastes like hot fizzy tangerine water!
I just started reading a cookbook that I got for a wedding present 5 years ago. It is very interesting and I wish it had been unearthed 5 years ago! It would have made a good book to read when I was in the truck!! It's called the Silver Palate Cookbook. Ever hear of such a thing? It's supposedly a famous food joint in NYC or something. Dunno. Never been there and if they have more traffic than Chicago at rush hour, I don't foresee myself going there anytime in the future. Cities don't interest me. Now, you give me a flat piece of ground that you can get a 360 degree view of the heavens and no trees for 15 miles and we'll be all set. Until winter when the blizzard hits. Then I shall move to a treed area. I am as unimpressed with driving on white roads that you can't see, as I am of walking down 51st St. at midnight. 51st at 1 pm. is bad enough. I was always very happy when we got back out on the interstate from that section of town!
My kid is now whining and having a fit for some reason, so I shall shut up for now. Have a grand day! 8-|
Sometimes a tightly clenched mouth is the best answer. :) I should get myself some more elderberry too...rather sick of the flus and colds that have run around this winter. Ugh. Yay for warmer weather...and hopefully the disappearance of said sicknesses.
ReplyDeleteHey you, I awarded you the versatile blogger award.. go here http://miraclesdohappen-amanda.blogspot.com/2011/05/versatile-blogger-award.html to claim it!!
ReplyDelete