I had a comment a while back... something to the effect that I, being a Christian and all, am not supposed to gripe on this my blog, because it's not a good light to the world. I can't remember exactly what they said, but it was something like that. It bugged me then, and it has continued to do so off and on since then when it randomly pops into my head. I always get stuck wondering this, "Do you really honestly think that Christian's never get mad about stuff? And do you honestly think we're supposed to ACT like we never fly off the handle and get pissed and scream and yell and jump up and down and act like Rumplestiltskin???" And then I read Our Daily Bread on Monday and this is what jumped off the page. "We do a disservice to ourselves and others when we portray the Christan life as peaceful and happy all the time. Instead the Bible portrays the believer's life as consisting of seasons of ups & downs..." And really. I started writing here because I like writing, for number one. And number two, it's a place where I can be myself and kick and scream and laugh and cry if I feel like it. Why people feel the urge to come chew me out for it is beyond me... if you don't like it then don't read it!! Sheesh!
I do have another gripe too... it's called the common courtesy of actually paying attention to the details in life. For example: Facebook. Have you ever noticed how MANY times people will misspell some one's name?? They say, "We're praying for you, Rhonda!" "Happy Birthday, Rhonda!" "I'm so happy for you, Rhonda!" "Congratulations, Rhonda!!" And the whole time I'm thinking, "SERIOUSLY?? I don't believe a word of it. If you ACTUALLY PAID ATTENTION to something for ONCE in your life, you'd see how blatantly stupid and insincere you look. You can't care THAT much if you can't even be bothered to notice how the name is spelled!!!" And by the way... I'm griping about what I've seen on my other two Ronda friend's status not mine, even thought it applies sometimes on mine too. Only is, if it happens to me I reply, thanking them profusely with an added H in their name. Sometimes they even get the hint!
Since I'm on a Facebook rant, I wonder how many of you get A N N O Y E D with people's butchering of the king's English?? I have been known to unfriend people because I can't stand reading their atrocious status updates because it makes my brain overheat and my whole computer monitor is covered with red ink from my proofreading. The last one who got unfriended is a TEACHER who can't be put upon to actually spell words like PAOTOTS (potatoes), HELL (hail), DOSE (does), ANNIVERSY (anniversary) & BAILEY (barley) to name a few. Every time I read one of her updates I'm happy that I ain't gonna be sending MY kids to public school if that's the kind of ignoramuses they have teaching these days! I don't know, is there something wrong with me that when I write I have Dictionary.com open on another tab so I can make sure I use the words in context, spell them right and (hopefully) use them in a grammatically correct fashion?? Or is that just 'cause I'm a writer? Or is it because (to butcher a good ol' Alan Jackson song), "the whole world's gone crazy!"
If that's the case, then anyone who agrees with me on any of the above subjects, please raise your right hand in affirmation with me and say in a strong clear voice; "STOP THE WORLD. I WANNA GET OFF!"
Thank you, I have been dying to use that phrase for months!!
LOL, I so agree especially on the Christians aren't supposed to get mad.. Ummm what does the Bible say about righteous anger? Oh and isn't our blogs supposed to be where we can let out our feelings and all that? If we kept everything bottled up we would have a nervous breakdown!!! As for people that can't spell? I feel bad, cuz I automatically proofread their writing and am like "oh that's spelled wrong!" Maybe we are just weird... LOL
ReplyDeleteI do that with spelling too LOL I know every now and then I might have a their they're there written wrong, but other than that, I am a good speller!
ReplyDeleteYah, who says Christians aren't supposed to get MAD. Please person, whoever you are! We ARE human!
Cilla
Define righteous anger.. I've always been confused about that one.
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure about righteous anger, but I know that it says something about be ye angry and sin not... Meaning, it ain't saying you can't get angry, just don't sin because of it. that's what I've always understood. ??? Unless maybe righteous anger is when we get angry at sin?? Amanda. You brought it up. Define it. ;P
ReplyDeleteWell... I think of it as being mad about something... For example a child is molested..Are we to just sit back and say oh well, we aren't supposed to get mad.. Do we go attack the person? No, but we can get mad about the sin and hurt from the situation... I think you said it fine, Ronda about being angry, but not sinning... We aren't supposed to just go through life passively and "pretend" life is great.. That would be hypocritical and that is one thing I don't like: hypocrites! Of course this is my opinion..doesn't mean it's 100% accurate..
ReplyDeleteSTOP THE WORLD I WANNA GET OFF!!
ReplyDeleteMartha: I wish there was a like button on here too. ROFL!!
ReplyDelete