I have no idea what I'm gonna talk about, but I feel like saying something, so BEWARE! I was laying in bed sleesfully peeping this morning and then I was laying there wide awake wondering why one corner of my face was all wet. Then I realized I must have drooled. Then I got embarrassed and then I wondered why I should be embarrassed when I was the only one that knew about it. and those wonders took so long for my foggy brain that by the time I got done wondering I was wide awake and annoyed because I'm getting a cold sore on the OTHER corner of my face. So I decided to come one here and share my woes with you, my lovelies, AND the anonymous commenter who thinks my blog should be called Nonsense and Nothing Else, but who obviously READS nonsense, so I'm not sure who they are to judge. *snicker*
We just got done with a marathon of services. It may not have been a marathon, but it sure felt like I'd ran one when we got done! The week started out with canning beans on Monday as usual, and then since we now have the job of janitors at church, we went & cleaned it for the first time. And as usual for the first time cleaning something, it took forever! We brought our own vacuums since the ones they have there are less that wonderful, adequate and useful, but we are hopefully getting a new one before new years! Anyway, beings I'm getting rather fat, I was sore all over the next day! Which wasn't helped by picking cucumbers! Wednesday morning Rosie had a WIC appointment at 11:30 so we stayed up from naps to go to that and then mom & I headed up to Wolf Lake to pick cucumbers, so I would have as many jars of tiny baby pickles as possible from a picking. We ended up with 2 1/2 five gallon buckets full! And she also gave us like 5 Walmart bags full of green beans! So we came home and after we got the kids in bed we canned 7 qts.of beans and 14 qts. of pickles. We got to bed at 2am.
Thursday we woke up when the kids did at like, 8:30 or something, and canned 21 qts. of pickles and put a half gallon in the fridge. The rest of the big ones we brought to church for them to use at the services. We still had a Walmart bag left over!! We decided that we were gonna tell anyone that wondered why we were laying across our respective benches that we worked day shift on Wednesday, night shift Wed. night and day shift on Thursday, so they should be quiet. Then church didn't get out until like 10:00 or something so we didn't get home until 11:30 or so. I've been so tired ever since 'cause there was church at 10:00 am, 1:30 pm and 7:30 pm on Friday, Saturday AND Sunday. So that's not any wonder I have a cold sore popping up. I always get them when I get no sleep. And it's also why Rosie actually caught the strep throat that was so kindly brought and so generously distributed. I excuse them for Friday 'cause they didn't know the kid had it that morning. But I don't excuse them for coming back Friday night, all day Saturday and all day Sunday. There's no reason for that. The excuse was, "Oh well, everybody's already been exposed, so what's the point of staying home now??" Perhaps the point would be that there were more & more people coming for every service and so there were new people getting exposed at every one?? *SIGH*
I brought Rosie in yesterday, because she said her 'neck' hurt the night before when she was going to bed and when I checked her throat it was kinda red with white streaks. Her appt. was at 3:00 pm and when the PA looked down her throat, I looked too and I have never seen such a horrible throat!! The red spots were all over the back roof of her mouth, and there were big red bumps on the back of her tongue, and the back of her throat was so red and swollen I could hardly see a hole for her to swallow through!! And she had a temp of 101 when I checked her after we got home. I tried giving her a dose of medicine... she's supposed to get 1 1/2 tsp. twice a day until it's gone. Which is 600 mg., anyway, she puked up the first tsp. I gave her. SO I got her cleaned up and gave her the whole dose, letting her drink pop in between each 1/4 tsp. She held that dose down for 5 minutes. So I decided to get her fever down first and the Tylenol would then help her throat not hurt so bad, so I gave her Tylenol and she finally kept that down and a couple hours later she held down her medicine! Poor kid!
Speaking of kids, I gotta go get them clothed and in their right minds. Rosie is 'making me cinnamon rolls' right now and Rachel is waiting for her cereal to cool off enough that she can eat it. Rosie actually ate about 10 bites of her cereal this morning! One of these days I am gonna come on here and gripe about my worrying. It's really annoying when I don't normally worry about stuff!! Sheesh. You wanna pray that my brain will shut up until about December 26th Or whenever this kid pops forth?? Thanks! :D
:) seriously they took their kid back to church w/ strep throat????!!! That's not normal.. supposed to keep them away from everybody until they've been on antibiotics for 24 hrs, right? I would have been mad!!! Had that happen before, not strep, but Brandt got a horrible cold and wheezing where he couldn't breathe or nurse!! (last year), believe me, I was ripping mad, probably didn't help being so tired after no sleep.. Anyhoo, I think you should take a nap when your kiddos do.. forget the housework, I give you permission! :)
ReplyDeleteYeah, they claimed that after 24 hours they're not contagious, but I heard 48 hrs. after being on antiboitics! So I'm playing it safe and keeping her home till Friday at least. And I'm gazing down everybody's else's throats with my MagLite at alarmingly regular intervals to be sure none of the rest of us are ccoming down with it. *snicker* Anyway... The germy kid hadn't been on anything for even 24 hrs.!!
ReplyDeleteWow! You've sure been busy! Hope you all are feeling better soon... I hate it when people don't have enough respect for others to keep their sick kids away from other peoples healthy kids. Life can be stressful enough without an extra dose of sickness!
ReplyDelete